Spend a week honing your voice and clarifying your vision with Lyric Montgomery Kinard.
It’s not as daunting a task as you might think. Lyric can help you find out what truly speaks to you as an artist. She creates a fun and encouraging atmosphere as she helps you discover your unique voice through personal mark making using paint on cloth, and through an easily understood education in the language of design. You will learn and practice techniques such as screen printing and stamp carving and practice easy, concrete design exercises that help you really dig into the elements and principles of art.
Lyric encourages deep personal exploration and seeks to help you gain the skills to confidently work within your own unique vision. She can help you learn to speak the visual language as only you can.
Day 1 The Artist’s Hand
- Personal mark making through surface design: stamp carving, screen printing and the application of paint to cloth
- Introduction to the elements of art: gaining a foundation in the visual language of design through short lectures and hands on exercises
Day 2 The Artist’s Mind
- Personal mark making continues: wet work including direct painting and sun printing
- Principles of art: understand how the elements work together in compositions through short lectures and hands on exercises
Day 3 The Artist’s Eye
- Abstract design exercises to develop your eye and spill out lots of ideas
- Analysis and decision making skills as you create studies
- Working in series to hone your design decision making skills
Day 4 The Artist’s Heart
- group practice critiques to develop your objective analysis skills
- creating without fear to overcome mental creative blocks
Day 5 The Artist’s Voice
- individual work on studies with lyric’s guidance
- group practice in analysis and critique
This is an outline of what will be covered during the week although the order of events will be fluid. Concepts will be introduced throughout each day as you build toward a deep understanding of the visual language in general, and into your own voice in particular.
All levels welcome and encouraged!
“Lyric Kinard takes a lifetime full of experience and moments and turns them into art, amazing art. Then, with a generosity of spirit, she shares her knowledge and experience with those fortunate enough to be her students. Lyric’s range of art – from abstract to realism – is of great benefit to students, as Lyric is able to encourage and critique from a vast base of experience. Having an opportunity to learn from Lyric is something not to be missed!”
About Lyric Montgomery Kinard
Lyric Montgomery Kinard is an award winning artist with a passion for sparking the creativity that she knows each of her students posses. With playful support and gentle encouragement she will take you through your first steps on a new path, seeing the world through the eyes of an artist. As an artist, author, and educator she transforms cloth into art in her studio and timid spirits into confident creatives in the classroom.
Rates & Enrollment
Day Student Tuition: $765.00
Full 5-Day Package*: $1,917.00-$2,085.00* + Service Charge & Tax
*5-Day Workshop Package includes: Tuition for 5 full class days, 6 nights of dinner, lodging, breakfast, daily cookie and fruit breaks, unlimited coffee and tea, and welcoming wine and cheese reception. Your choice between a room to yourself (single occupancy) or bring a friend and split a room (double occupancy).
Get more information your options to enroll here.