In this five-day workshop, Fabio Cembranelli will guide students in developing loose and intuitive watercolor techniques enhancing their own personal approach. Each day Fabio will paint two or three demos per day followed by individual attention to each student. Critiques will also be conducted each day. Workshop topics will include;
- wet on wet techniques using transparent pigments only;
- watercolor painting on damp paper;
- how to take advantage of unexpected things that may happen during the
- painting process;
- the importance of the white of the paper in watercolor: how to save or
- restore it;
- fundamentals of composition: how to create a powerful focal point;
- how to capture the beauty and freshness of flowers;
- how to depict the beauty of nature in your artwork;
- light and shadow effects on balconies, gates, windows;
- landscapes: water reflections, skies, flower fields;
- still life: loose effects for fruits;
- color mixing: background colors for florals, green mixing for landscapes,
- how to avoid a muddy mixing;
- how to be successful taking risks during the painting process.
About Fabio Cembranelli
Fabio Cembranelli, a renowned Brazilian artist, started painting at university, where he studied architecture. After graduating, he took drawing, sculpture and photography courses in his home town of São Paolo, and continued his studies in Europe and US during the 90s. He still lives and works in São Paulo. His paintings feature in exhibitions and collections worldwide,
Fabio currently works in two artistic fields: watercolors and acrylics, and his unique and luminous floral watercolors are known internationally.
Explaining why he has chosen transparent watercolor as his favorite medium, he says, “What compels me to paint with this approach is the possibility of painting quickly. It suits my personality best — the fluidity of the medium provides a unique sensation of unexpected color mixing, particularly when I define only the main masses and allow the unpredictable to happen on the rest of the paper. Timing is quite important in my method. I lean intuitively toward realism, but the right speed forces me to create diffused effects and shapes. I love painting flowers and landscapes in watercolor and I’m always enchanted by the attempt to capture the contrast between loose and definitive edges, as well as light and shadow effects.”
Fabio teaches painting techniques in his studio, in art galleries, as well as workshops and painting holidays throughout Brazil and abroad. Nowadays his work is focused on plein air painting, observing and studying nature firsthand at inspiring outdoor locations.
Learn more about Fabio on his website; http://www.fabiocembranelli.com/
Rates & Enrollment
Day Student Tuition: $810.00
Full 5-Day Package*: $1,812.00-$1,980.00* + Service Charge & Tax
*5-Day Workshop Package includes: Tuition for 5 full class days, 6 nights of dinner, lodging, breakfast, daily cookie and fruit breaks, unlimited coffee and tea, and welcoming wine and cheese reception. Your choice between a room to yourself (single occupancy) or bring a friend and split a room (double occupancy).
Get more information your options to enroll here.