I discovered this recipe last year and it has been the favorite breakfast special ever since then. They are light, delicate, and fluffy pancakes and the lingonberry preserves send it over the top!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Lingonberry
Note: It’s best to make the batter at least 30 minutes in advance for the lightest pancakes. You can even make it the night before. 1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese (I use Cabot’s whole milk cottage cheese)
6 large eggs
3/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
vegetable oil spray
Garnish: best quality lingonberry preserves & powdered sugar in a shaker
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the flour, until totally blended, and then whisk in the melted butter.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the cottage cheese.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over moderately high heat and then coat lightly with vegetable oil spray.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, ladle pancake batter onto the griddle, and cook for 1 – 2 minutes per side, until nicely browned on each side and cooked through.
- Serve the pancakes with a nice dollop of lingonberry preserves on top sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Serves 4 – 6, but be warned this is only breakfast special that it is not unusual for people to order a second helping!